Friday, February 17, 2012



1. What do you do when you are really upset to calm yourself down?  Talking to my husband usually calms me down more than anything else, and if he’s not available, I try to talk to one of my friends.  I’m definitely not one to “suffer in silence”.  I need to talk about it with someone (or blog about it) and then I feel better.

2. Do you go all out for V-day or is it just another day?  Depends on the year.  This year it was pretty low key because we have some much traveling coming up.  So we just exchanged cards.

3. Are you more or less productive when Hubs is away?  That is directly related to the age of my kids when he leaves.  The deployment wasn’t as bad since Abbie was pretty independent and didn’t require quite as much attention at all times, which allows me to be somewhat productive.  This past TDY was really tough because I had a newborn and preschooler fighting for my attention, so I spent 90% of my time in a chair nursing Ben and caring for Abbie and the other 10% of my time trying to sleep.  So I got pretty much nothing else done besides the bare necessities.

4. What is your favorite time of day and why?  Whenever Mark walks in the door, that’s my favorite time of day, for obvious reasons.

5. What is your go to karaoke song?  I don’t have a go-to karaoke song because I don’t sing karaoke.  I’d have to be WAY drunk to get enough guts to actually sing in front of people, and since I don’t really drink, I don’t see me having to worry about picking a song any time soon.  =)

1 comment:

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

I hate to think of a service man deployed while his wife has a newborn. It kindof scares me for my dil that she could be left all alone in England with my new grandson. Usually my son's tdys aren't for long periods but still!