- If I could be on any reality TV show, I’d want to be on the Amazing Race with my husband because I think we’d kick butt at it, or Survivor, but I’m not sure I could handle it. I wish they’d do a couple’s survivor so Mark and I could go on it together. I think we’d do well then too.
- This past Thanksgiving was kind of a drag. I couldn’t eat anything because of having just been diagnose with gestational diabetes and I was freaking out about my blood sugar the whole time and not exactly enjoying myself. Plus we weren’t around family at all, so it didn’t feel the same. But we did have a few nice dinners with friends, which was fun.
- I’m looking forward to December because I am having a baby this month! Well this week actually… And I’m looking forward to the birth being over with, more than giving birth, if I’m completely honest...
- One thing I’d like to accomplish this month is successfully give birth to a healthy baby boy, preferably with no shoulder dystocia or emergency c-sections.
- To me, winter is a time to cuddle up by the fire or go play in the snow. Unfortunately, we don’t have a fireplace and it rarely snows in this part of Italy. Oh well!
1. What is your favorite Christmas decoration in your house? The Christmas lights that Mark hung up everywhere. They really set the mood.
2. Do you finish your Christmas shopping early or are you a last minute type? Usually I’m a mix of both, but living overseas, you kind of have to get things ordered way in advance so you have time to receive them and then ship them back to the States to all the appropriate people. So you can’t really do anything last minute. Although I did order stuff in advance, and it’s still not here, and most likely I won’t get it mailed out before baby boy arrives so it’s all going to be late anyway… Oops!
3. When do you turn on your heat? When it gets cold, whenever that might be. But here in Italy, I don’t think it’s legal to turn it on before October 15 or something like that.
4. Do you ever wish your blog was private? Sometimes I do, because I do use it as a journal of sorts, but then again, I’m a very open person and I welcome people’s suggestions and advice, so I’m okay with it being public. I guess sometimes I just wish it was private from certain people.
5. Do you put your deodorant on before of after you put on your shirt? Usually after, otherwise it gets all over my shirt!!