Thursday, April 23, 2009

Productive afternoon

I got quite a bit done today. ... Well I guess I should say that I got quite a bit done today, considering I'm 8+ mos pregnant. I did laundry (AND folded it AND put it all away), and cleaned the kitchen and the master bathroom. I've been having quite a bit of pelvic pain again, and I'm absolutely exhausted! I lay down with the intention of reading for a little bit, and I zonk out almost immediately. I guess I might as well take advantage of being able to nap while I can.

Mark went onto base for a little while to finish some in-processing, and then we went to Wal-Mart to finish up some baby shopping. We needed to get her crib mattress and mattress cover, and we also got her a humidifier and diapers and more wipes and a first aid kit and a few other things. Wandering around Wal-Mart is exhausting now. It completely wore me out. Luckily Mark patiently waits for me to waddle around. As we were checking out, the check out lady felt inclined to tell us all about her births of her 2 kids and how her second one was hard and she was due May 25, but her kid came on the 11th because they had to induce her bc the "afterbirth" came out first and she ended up needing a c-section and then she got her tubes tied, etc. (Apparently I was listening pretty well.) I find it hilarious that people you don't even know tell you all about their birth experiences. After we left, Mark was like "Lady, I don't even know your name! I don't want to hear all about your "afterbirth" coming out." LOL!!

**Side note, when we got to Wal-Mart, we parked next to a van, and I noticed a dog was in this van. It REALLY bothered me to see this poor animal in a van in 95 degree weather. The front windows were cracked MAYBE a half an inch and the very back side windows were open, but still, I just feel like that's completely inhumane to leave an animal in a vehicle in that kind of heat. I wonder if AZ has laws against leaving animals in cars. If the van had still been there when we got out, I would have called the police. Next time I'm leaving a note on the car. Last week Mark and I were talking about how we can't take the weinas with us anymore when we run errands unless one of us sits in the car with them with the air on, so it really rubbed me the wrong way when I saw that dog.

After Wal-Mart, we ran to Target and got a changing table pad and little tiny headbands for her. By this point I was really pooping out. We were going to head to base to go to the commissary for groceries, but Mark suggested we go out to eat instead since I was hitting my limit and it was almost 6pm. He said he could pick up groceries tomorrow after he meets with his commander in the morning, but I was worried bc I had specific things on my list since I'm trying new recipes. He was like 'Monica, the government trusts me to fly their multi-million dollar jets. I think you can trust me to get groceries." *grins* Okay, well when you put it like that.... =)

So we're pretty much ready for her arrival now. I'm going to try to get her nursery set up tomorrow and I'll take pictures for everyone to see. I absolutely LOVE the fact that Mark is so involved in choosing things for our baby. He has an opinion on everything and he's been doing the majority of the research, along with making lists of what we still need for her and what we need to take to the hospital with us, etc. Sometimes I still can't believe that I found someone who truly is my perfect match. I can't wait to have this baby with him.

1 comment:

Elsbit said...

lmao i am the same way about letting my husband grocery shop! ahhahahha.

Ellie keeps trying to type:

bybu t um

She says hi!