1. What is something you have wanted to do but are afraid of? Play the piano in church. I have major fear of doing anything in front of a large group of people, but I would love to be the type of person who’s perfectly comfortable sitting down and playing. I haven’t really played the piano in a good 5-10 years though, so I’d need to brush up on my skills.
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? The fun (?) thing about the military lifestyle is that we tend to live our lives in 3 year increments. We have moved 5 times in 6/7 years and we are rapidly approaching our 6th move, but we don’t have our assignment yet so we have no clue where we’ll be going. But in 5 years, I will still be happily married to my husband, and we will have an 8 year old and a 5 year old and hopefully a 2-ish year old, God-willing.
3. What are you looking forward to before the end of 2012? Lots of things! The base bazaar is coming up soon, we’re going to Rome and the Amalfi Coast with Mark’s parents and brother, my parents are coming for 3 weeks and we’re going to Salzburg for a weekend and Ireland for a week, along with showing them around here more, we’re planning on going up to Munich to meet friends there for a long weekend, going skiing in Austria in December with the squadron and also going somewhere over Christmas, but we haven’t decided where yet. LOTS to look forward to and I’m so excited!
4. What are your hopes for your blog? I’m not sure I have any hopes for my blog. I like to meet people through blogging and I suppose followers are always nice, but I blog for me. It’s my online journal of sorts, to keep track of different phases of our lives. I print my blog out every year, so someday we’ll have a whole series of books from my blog that the kids will be able to look at and see what they did and where they’ve been.
5. Do you always see yourself living in your current town/city? Nope, not at all. We live in Italy, and while it’s been an amazing experience and the travel has been unbeatable, we’re ready to get back to the States, to a house that’s big enough for the 4 of us, to all the modern amenities that the US has to offer and Italy doesn’t (garage door openers, closets, etc), and most importantly, to be closer to family. Abbie is at the age where she is very aware when grandparents and aunts/uncles aren’t around. While we will never live super close to them (about 5 hours away would be the closest possible), it would be nice to be on the same continent.
6. What is your morning routine? Get up around 7:40am, quickly get dressed, take the dogs downstairs to go out, open the shutters in the living room, get Ben’s bottle ready, get Abbie’s breakfast set out, get Abbie up and dressed and eating breakfast, get Ben up and changed and dressed and feed him his bottle, feed the dogs, eat breakfast while feeding Ben breakfast and encouraging Abbie to finish eating, and then get out the door to get Abbie to school around 8:30am. It’s kind of a whirlwind.
Hi from Sunday Social (:
I think you should start playing again now and then play something on the piano around Christmas time, that would be amazing. & It would make it so you would be doing that think you really want, THIS year!!
Anyway, Happy Sunday
Monica that's a great idea about printing the blog off.
How do you do that? I would love to hear more about it!
That's a cool idea, printing out your blog!
Post a Comment