1. Thunder storms- love them or hate them? Totally depends on if I’m home alone or not. When I’m home alone with the kids, no, I don’t like them because I worry about tornadoes and the power going out. When Mark is home, yes, I do like them.
2. Do your kids get back to school clothes? My oldest is 3, so no, not really back to school clothes, but she is starting the asilo (Italian preschool) in the fall, and I did just buy her a bunch of new clothes, mainly because she’s already outgrown most of her 3T stuff…
3. Do you golf? Do you watch it? No, I don’t golf, and watching it bores me to tears. My in-laws love to watch golf and that seems to be the majority of what they watch when I’m around. Thank GOD my husband doesn’t like to watch it either, so I only have to watch it at my in-laws.
4. Showers or baths? Theoretically, a bath sounds nice and relaxing. Reading a book, surrounded by bubbles and candles – sounds very nice. But the reality is a shrivel up like a little prune and worry about dropping the book in the water, and really I don’t have time to take a bath these days. So showers it is!
5. What's the strangest meal you ever ate? It wasn’t really a meal, but it was what I mentioned last week, sardines on potato chips in Spain. It’s a “normal” tapa there, and it was surprisingly decent, even though I didn’t think I liked sardines.
1. The age I will be on my upcoming birthday is 32.
2. The best birthday present ever would be another cruise without the kids, or any relaxing vacation with just my husband.
3. My favorite birthday to date was my 21st. My friends and boyfriend at the time threw me a surprise party. I had no idea and it was fun! And my 23rd was fun too because I went to see Lion King with my parents in Chicago. And on my 25th birthday Mark got me (us) Oliver – our weina dog.
4. Birthdays make me feel ….it depends on the birthday. Normally I’m pretty neutral about birthdays. I don’t mind getting older. But I guess if I go the majority of the day and no one tells me happy birthday then it kinda bums me out.
5. The worst birthday I ever had was I don’t remember having a bad birthday. Actually, very few birthdays stick out in my mind. As I said, I’m pretty neutral about them.
6. When I was born, I had a twin brother, named Matthew. He died when we were 10 months old though, of type 2 Gaucher’s Syndrome.
7. So far my favorite age has been 25. It was the year I got married to my Mark!!