1. What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed? My 3 year old asking me why we couldn’t go see grandma and grandpa. About broke my heart. (They live in the US, we live in Italy.)
2. What was your favorite thing that happened in June? Going to Venice, Murano and Burano with my husband to celebrate our 6 year anniversary! It was a great day.
3. What did you do to celebrate Independence Day? We went up to Lake Barcis with a group of friends and played in the water and grilled out. It was fun. I wish we’d gone to the fireworks on base, but they were at 10:30pm and I didn’t want to keep my kids out that late. Maybe next year we will.
4. When you PCS, what items do you take with you and not let the movers pack (and if you do a DITY, what do you take with you and not box up) (thanks to Sespi at And You Never Did Think for inspiring this question)? All important documents (birth certificates, marriage licenses, college diplomas, etc), and a hard drive with all of our pictures on them, and my camera.
5. What are you looking forward to in July? We leave on our cruise to Greece and Turkey in 6 days!!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it! But I haven’t packed a thing!
1. Is love at 1st sight possible? Ohhh, tough question. Romantic love, I’m not sure. I would call that “lust at first sight”, because I don’t think you can really love someone romantically until you know them. However, holding a brand new baby, that’s love BEFORE first sight, and definitely at first sight, so yes, it’s possible.
2. How did you choose your pet's name? They were both just names we liked and thought fit our animals.
3. What are you considering giving up (cable, home phone)? None. I like having cable and a home phone and a cell phone and internet. It’s my connection to the outside world. I don’t plan on giving them up unless it’s absolutely necessary.
4. How much do you pay your babysitter? The day sitter gets 5Euro per hour (about $6.25), but she gives me a discount if I leave both kids with her, and the night time sitter gets $10/hour for both kids.
5. How "young" is old enough to babysit? Depends on the age of the kids. I’m comfortable leaving my 3 year old with a high schooler, but I’m not comfortable leaving both my 3 year old and 7 month old with someone unless they’re in their 20’s and have experience with kids.
Happy Friday!! (I won’t be participating next week or the week after since I’ll be on a CRUISE!!!!!)