I am so backed up with stuff to do and stuff I want to get done that I’ve forgotten about 5QF for the past 3 weeks until I see these posts up… Oops. But I do love being busy and I guess it’s better to be so busy that you forget vs having nothing else to do and waiting around for it. I’m still working on blogs from May and it’s already June 8th!! Crazy! Happy Friday!
1. Did you do anything special for your kids on the last day of school? Or did you parents do anything special for you? My oldest is 3, so she’s not in school yet. My mom used to make us breakfast and take pictures the first day of school, but I don’t really remember doing anything the last day of school, so most likely I probably won’t do anything super special for my kids either. Maybe go out to eat or something? But I’m sure when they’re school-aged, I’ll be wanting to do something special for ME, not for them, to get me ready for having them home all summer. =)
2. What's your favorite summer tradition with your children? I guess I’m bad with traditions, or maybe because my kids are young, we haven’t set many traditions up yet. Summer isn’t really any different for us since my kids are home with me all the time anyway.
3. What was your favorite thing to do during the summer as a kid? Going on family vacations, for sure, and spending time boating on the river. I loved that, and I still do.
4. How old were you when you were married? Were you a Bridezilla? I got married when I was 25, and I don’t think I was a bridezilla at all. Our wedding was in Iowa at my home church, but we were living in FL because my husband is in the military, so I had to rely on other people to help me out a LOT! We went up to IA for one weekend to pick out flowers and get a DJ and look at the reception hall, but we got it all done in a weekend. I know a wedding is an important day, and I will remember parts of mine forever (like Mark shaking like a leaf when I took his arm when I got to the front of the church), but it’s just the beginning and things have only gotten better since that day. I wanted things to be nice and everyone to have a good time, but I wasn’t too worried about everything being perfect.
5. What is your favorite girl name? (I'm needing suggestions.) If we have another girl, she’ll be Caitlyn. (A)bbie, (B)en, (C)aitlyn. Then I guess we’ll have to have 23 more kids to get the rest of the alphabet. =) JK!! I still like the name Josie too.