- What is your favorite winter memory? Going to a Christmas tree farm when I was younger and finding and cutting down our own Christmas tree. I miss doing that.
- What is your current favorite TV show? Parenthood. I love that show!!
- What was your favorite thing that happened in January? Ben started to smile for the first time, around 7 weeks old!!
- What is the best sound in the world to you? Right now it would be my husbands car pulling into the driveway. It’s been a long two weeks without him, and I would say this short TDY was almost on par with the 6+ month deployment we just went through in terms of difficulty. Thank God it’s almost over.
- What is the biggest lesson you have learned as a MilSpouse (or significant other)? That nothing is set in stone and plans change ALL the time. Flexibility and a fairly laid-back attitude is the key to survival!
1. What have you done recently that you are proud of? Kept both kids and myself alive during my first TDY as a parent to 2 kids – one being an extremely defiant 2.5 year old that I wanted to strangle half the time, and the other being an extremely colicy newborn, who is currently screaming his fool head off beside me, as he usually is. It has been a LONG two weeks, that’s for sure.
2. What is your favorite way to work out? Or if you don't workout, what are you wanting to try? Horseback riding!! It really is a full body work out plus cardio. I miss it a lot.
3. If you knew you best friend was cheating on spouse would you tell? No, I would not tell her spouse. It’s not my place. I would tell her to stop though.
4. If you could afford a live-in maid or nanny, would you have one? Oh boy…. This is a TOUGH question to answer right now. Normally I would say maid, but I wouldn’t want her to live here, unless she was going to get up with the baby in the middle of the night – so that would be the nanny…. I don’t know. Can I have someone that’s maid half the time and nanny the other half the time? (And they can be nanny from 8pm – 8am – that’s Ben’s fussiest time.) That would be perfect!!
5. Do you stress out about birthdays (specifically the age) or do you enjoy them? No, I don’t stress out about them at all. Getting older is a rite of passage and I’m looking forward to seeing what my future holds.
And, a bonus question from Scott, that I wasn't brave enough to put in as a regular question...answer at your own risk, or not at all! (Or something...)
Bonus: Lights off or on? Haha! Kind of a moot point since I had a baby 8 weeks ago and my husband has been gone for 2 weeks…. You do the math.
**TO MY REGULAR READERS: I have completely fallen off the blogging bandwagon, and I miss it so much! I just haven’t had time to recently with trying to keep up with two kids. Mark will be home soon and also my MIL is coming to visit for a week and a half this month so I’ll have lots of time to catch up on blogging soon. I miss it!! Thanks for sticking with me and being patient!