- My favorite thing that happened this week was seeing my friend Elyse and getting our little girls together!! SO CUTE!!
- Find a penny, pick it up and all day long you’ll have good luck. (Sorry, too lazy/tired to think of anything creative for this.)
- Autumn is officially here and my favorite part of the season is my husband is coming home!!!! But fall is always my favorite season because I love wearing jeans and sweatshirts, the crisp air and the changing leaves.
- One of the things I’d like to do before winter arrives is ….one? There are about 8 billion things I need to do before winter (or baby boy) arrives.. That’s a whole separate post.
- I –would/would not/might– be willing to participate in MilSpouse Secret Santa. I did it last year, and it was fun, but I’ll probably skip it this year, only because I’m due with baby #2 on Dec 13 and I don’t want to commit myself to anything else right now.
1. Dream job...realistic and completely unrealistic. As cliché as it sounds, I’m doing my dream job right now – raising my kid(s). And I never thought this would be my dream job. In fact, I thought I’d be bored out of my mind staying at home with a little one. But I absolutely love it and I love seeing all of her firsts and teaching her things and watching her grow up right before my eyes. I’m excited for #2 to arrive. But outside of being a SAHM, I would love to be a marriage counselor or any kind of counselor really. Maybe someday.
2. Do you fart in front of your significant other? Yes, and I’m sure that’s one of the many things he misses about me right now. (JK!) But I distinctly remember the days where I was afraid to even pee if I thought there was any chance of him possibly hearing it through the closed bathroom door. (Cuz peeing isn’t natural or something???) Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately, depending on who’s viewpoint you’re seeing), those days are LONG gone. =)
3. What's the furthest you've ever traveled from home? How far and where was it? When we lived in OK, we traveled to Europe and the farthest East we got in Europe was Innsbruck, Austria I think. I’m not exactly sure how far it is.. But I’m pretty far from home now too! (Live in Italy, but staying with my parents in IL.)
4. How do you celebrate birthday for your kids? Family only or friends? ... Alternate for those without kiddos: How did you celebrate birthdays as a kid? For her first birthday, we’d just moved to Italy and didn’t know anyone well enough to have a party. So it was just the 3 of us. For her 2nd birthday, we had a small get together at my parents house with friends and family, but her daddy was deployed. Not sure what we’ll do for her 3rd birthday. I don’t remember what we did when I was really young, but I remember having birthday parties with my friends in middle and high school.
5. Fave thing about fall? Again, my husband is coming home!!!! I’m seriously so excited my heart races just thinking about it and I can’t sleep at night. And I love Thanksgiving and carving pumpkins, although I really don’t like Halloween all that much… But the weather, the leaves, the drinking hot cocoa and apple cider. Lighting candles, being warm inside when it’s cold outside, snuggling under blankets. I LOVE fall!