Lately I spend a lot of time
thinking dreaming of everything I want to do when I go back to the States while Mark is gone. So I’m going to do what I do best - make a list! I love making lists, especially when they involve fun stuff I want to do! So here it is, in no particular order:
- Spend LOTS of time with friends and family that I haven’t gotten to spend quality time with at all in the past 5 years.
- Get my hair cut and colored by Rachel 3 times. (Rachel, expect me to be in your chair the first week I am home!)
- Take Abbie to the pool a few times, preferably with friends.
- Eat at a hibachi grill.
- Go boating with my family and introduce Abbie to the fun that can be had on the river.
- Lose 15lbs.
- Take a trip out to CO to see family and friends and to spend some time in the Rockies.
- Enhance my photography skills by taking pictures of friends’ families and animals and anything else they want me to shoot.
- Learn how to use Photoshop and practice using the photos I take for my friends.
- Read a lot of books.
- Take violin lessons.
- Do a “mommy and me” class with Abbie.
- Learn more quilting techniques from people who’ve been doing it for a long time.
- Go out to eat at least twice a week with friends. (This might interfere with my losing weight goal, but I’ll figure it out…)
- Do a girls weekend, maybe to Chicago.
- Take Abbie to the zoo a few times - Madison, Lincoln Park, Omaha, etc.
- Write to Mark at least 2 times a week.
- Take Abbie to story time at the local library weekly.
- Visit my friends in OK and maybe NM if I can make it that far.
- Watch TLC, HGTV, and The Food Network as much as possible.
- Potty-train Abbie. (I’ll let her pee all over someone else’s house. HAHA! (Just kidding, mom…)
- Play my piano regularly. (Need to remember to take my music back with me!)
- Take some great photos of my hometown. (Shouldn’t be hard. It’s very picturesque!)
- Throw Abbie a huge 2nd birthday party.
- Keep in touch with my friends back in Italy and the ones that are going back to the States too.
- Plan a fun vacation for when Mark returns.
- Spend a lot of time with my 95 year old grandma.
- Send care packages to my husband at least every other week.
- Buy a new suitcase to take all of my new clothes back with me.
- See an off-Broadway show, maybe in Chicago.
- Do day-trips with Abbie.
And I might want to do a little shopping while I’m home too…. =)
Call me crazy, but I always gauge how far or close events are by the milk expiration dates and library book due dates. When Mark is away, I start getting excited when I see that milk expires after he gets back. Silly, I know, but it’s true. I am happy to announce that our milk officially expires after Abbie and my departure date from Italy and the library books I just checked out for her are due a day after we arrive in the States! I’d better remember to return those before we leave!
PS: I don’t really even like shopping that much. I realize this makes me look like a shopaholic, but really, I’m not. I just haven’t shopped, besides going to H&M twice, in over a year and there are quite a few things that I’ve been wanting to buy, but I’ve been putting it off until I get back to the States. I miss shopping for Abbie. I had so much fun buying stuff for her when she was tiny, and she’s in desperate need of 2T clothes now, but again, I’ve been putting it off so I can pick things out in person. And I really miss looking at fabric and shopping at Hobby Lobby. There’s nothing like that over here. Even if I don’t buy anything, I miss just browsing and seeing what’s available. My mom keeps saying that I should just bring empty suitcases home and buy stuff when I get there, and that’s very tempting, but I am going to take a bit of clothes with me. But I’m not denying the fact that I might come back with 3x’s the amount of clothes I go over there with. =)