Thursday, July 30, 2009

Abbie is 10 weeks old!

It's funny. I feel like I had so much more to blog about before Abbie was born. You'd think I would have a lot to blog about since she's come along, but sometimes I seriously have to think about what to write about.

Nothing too exciting has happened this week so far. Mark's busy with training as usual, and I'm trying to keep my head above water with the housework. You'd think I'd have tons of time to get things done since I'm home all day, but I don't. Especially on days like today when Abbie is a little bit crabby. We went to Wal-Mart and she did well there (no crying) and then stopped by Office Max on our way home. She slept in the car and in Office Max, but she woke up when we got home. I've tried to put her down at least 3 times, but she screams when I do that. It starts out as a cry, but if I let her go, it quickly turns into a scream. I managed to get a batch of cookie done, but I haven't even eaten lunch since it's hard to make lunch holding a screaming baby. Oh well.

She was grinning away today when I was changing her diaper, so I grabbed the camera to try to catch a grin on film. While I was taking pictures, she was peeing all over the place again. I'd gotten the dirty diaper off, but hadn't put the clean diaper on yet. That's the 2nd time that's happened this week, although the first time I wasn't taking pictures, I just wasn't quick enough. You'd think I'd learn my lesson...

We're still having trouble getting her to sleep in her own bed. Lately we've been having trouble getting her to go to sleep at all. We try to get her to sleep and then put her in her crib, and usually she'll wake up at least 2-3 times as soon as we get her in her crib. But eventually she'll go to sleep. I'm trying to push the 1-2am feeding to 3 or 4am. I figure if she's getting 4 oz of formula between 10-11pm, she can go until at least 3am. I got the idea this week when she slept with us all night and woke up around 1am. I gave her her pacifier and patted her back to sleep and she slept without eating until 3am. She woke up last night around 1am and I went in to her room and gave her her paci again and turned on her little mobile thing in her crib and she slept for another hour and a half. Today at Wal-Mart I picked up a bed railing for my side of our bed so I don't have to worry about her rolling off the bed. I try to keep her between me and the edge of the bed to keep the dogs away from her, and she usually sleeps in the crook of my arm, so she can't roll anywhere anyway, but it'll make me feel better.

Tomorrow I'm learning to play crud at the squadron. I'm pretty excited. Hopefully I won't get beat up too much!

1 comment:

Da Beards said...

thats what I use to do... put the railing up... WHen you nurse that is what you do sometimes.. I would get so tired waking up in the middle of the night.. I would just fall asleep with him still attached...hahaha