1. Did you have any homecoming traditions? I guess that depends on what type of homecoming you’re talking about. I think of homecomings as either my husband getting home from a deployment or TDY, or going back home to where I was raised. As for the first, we don’t really have any traditions yet. We’ve only been through one big deployment and a handful of 2 week to 2 month TDY’s. And as for the 2nd, my parents just moved, so they don’t even live where I grew up anymore, so any traditions we had before (which just involved eating at my favorite restaurants and/or seeing friends) won’t really happen. I’ll still go back to see friends though.
2. Do you ask your spouse before spending money? Normally yes if it’s over like $50 and it’s something “extra” (not groceries or household stuff or something we need).
3. If you could be famous for something what would it be? Doing humanitarian work.
4. Have you ever seriously thought you were going crazy? Yep. Within the first 6 months after we got married and I switched pills (which they just make me nuts in general which is why I haven’t been on them since all this happened) and was figuring out that the military completely controlled our lives and had to sell my horse due to moving frequently. It wasn’t pretty. But I figured it out and adjusted and it’s all good now. =)
5. How do you eat your steak? Burger? (as in, well done, medium, still moo-ing...) Medium for sure. However, I’ve learned that if you ask for medium in Europe, it is equivalent to rare in the States. And if you ask for medium well, it is well done. Europeans don’t know how to cook meat like people in the States do.
1. My favorite flower is anything really colorful that smells good. Like wisteria. I love wisteria and I planted a bunch at our house here in Italy and it’s growing like CRAZY, but I haven’t seen any flowers yet. Boo.
2. You should never talk about ……….. I’m not sure. I guess I’m a pretty open person so there isn’t much I won’t ever talk about. Politics, religion, money – I’ll talk about them all if you ask me, just probably not in a large group setting.
3. My favorite discovery as of late is that Lightroom 3 has a way to directly export photos to Facebook. That will save me 2 extra steps so I’m pretty darn excited! .
4. This fall you will probably find me wearing boots and sweatshirts. Although probably not at the same time. I love fall!
5. I wish I was living in the States so I could do my own clothes shopping. I’m tired of asking my mom and MIL to look for things on sale or at the cheap stores that don’t have websites (Ross, Marshall’s, TJ Maxx). Soon enough, I suppose.
6. My favorite TV show currently is Parenthood. I love that show.
7. This weekend I want to RELAX!! And do nothing! But we have squadron functions tonight and tomorrow night, so I won’t get to completely relax, but close enough. Better than doing all the tearing around we’ve done for the past month!