Write 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about yourself. At the end, choose 12 people to be tagged. Tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you (or I think you might fill it out - or you tagged me on this at some other point.
1. I actually met Mark in Germany for the first time, along with his parents and one of his brothers.
2. I took tennis, swimming, gymnastics, piano, ballet, tap, and jazz lessons growing up, along with a few horseback riding lessons.
3. I never played any sports in school, although I would have loved to be on the volleyball team.
4. Bad grammar is one of my biggest pet peeves. I cannot STAND it when people say "ain't".
5. I have played 3 instruments - the piano, the hand bells, the flute. I would love to learn to play the violin next.
6. I love off-Broadway theater. That was kind of my mom and my thing to do when I was growing up. We saw a bunch of plays. Luckily Mark likes theater too.
7. I feel prettier when my nails are painted.
8. My favorite city in the US is Washington DC. I've been there about 5-6 times, and it gets better every time.
9. I'm a firm believer that the true way to tour a city is by bicycle. I've done bike tours in Montreal, Washington DC, San Diego, and Paris, and that was my favorite part of visiting most of those cities.
10. I think burning candles make houses feel more "homey".
11. I have serious issues with my weight, and this pregnancy isn't helping things at all.
12. I think I would like to go back to school eventually and get a masters in sociology.
13. I love to cook, but I hate doing the dishes.
14. I've always wanted a pet cow, like Norman in City Slickers.
15. Sometimes I really miss my horse. I wish I hadn't had to sell him.
16. I think I'm entirely too addicted to reality TV. This stuff is so mindless, and yet I can't stop watching.
17. Sometimes I worry that I'm going to be too strict of a mom. I have high standards for myself, so hopefully I don't have too high of standards for my kids.
18. Half the time I feel like these blogs are a waste of time, since most of the people they're emailed to don't take the time to respond ever. I always try to comment when I read other people's blogs, just so they know someone's reading it and cares enough to respond.
19. I called Mark my "pretend boyfriend" for a good 6 months before we actually started dating.
20. I hope my dogs still mean as much to me after we have kids as they do now.
21. I have my motorcycle license and I really miss riding them with my dad.
22. I worked at my dad's quick lube business for 4-5 years. I can change the oil in my car, and check the filters and fluids and even change the transmission filter if I had to.
23. I much prefer driving a stick over an automatic, although I was afraid to learn to drive a stick at first.
24. I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 21 years old because I'm terrified of needles.
25. After Mark moved to Montgomery, GA and I was in Milwaukee, WI, I decided one night after work that I wanted to see him. So I got in the car around 9pm and drive 12 hours straight and got to him around 9am and ended up staying down there with him for a week.
Here are my tags. This is harder than it looks!
Billie R, Elyse M, mom, Erika W, Emily K, Liz D, Amber K, Jenn B, Kim H, Michelle O, Cathy L, Rachel G, Tricia S,